Document Storage Tips
When it comes to document storage, whether you are storing important documents as a business or individual, you need to take extra precautions to keep them safe and intact during storage. You need to consider fires, excess moisture, humidity, and other factors that can damage papers. You’ll also want to ensure there are proper security measures in place to keep your documents safe.
A self storage unit is a great option for those who want to get important documents out of the house while still having control over and frequent access to them.
Self storage facilities can be very secure locations to keep your important documents. However, there are things you need to consider when looking for the perfect storage unit.
- Proper security. You’ll want a facility with cameras, alarms, security guards, or an on-site manager to keep your items safe.
- Climate controlled units. Units with this feature can control the temperature and humidity of your unit depending on what you need to store. Ask your facility manager if each unit is independently controlled or if the entire facility is controlled by the manager.
- Pest control. Ask the manager at your facility how they plan to deal with pests if needed. Take a look around the facility to see if it’s properly maintained. Look for weeds, foundational cracks, and other potential issues.
- Frequent access. Make sure to review the facility’s access hours to see when you’ll be able to review your stored documents.
- Expertise. Search for a facility that specializes in document storage. They’ll know how to take the best care of your important papers.